This blog is dedicated to Poems - in English & Hindi.

Saturday, January 17, 2015

When I became Super Woman

It was a day,
Sunny and Bright.
Love was blossoming,
Since the previous night.

The yellow flowers withered away,
And, roses were full bloom.
Suddenly I heard,
A tweak from my room.

“Who’s it?” I thought,
Walking towards my door.
“Was Rishi up?”
Thinking it, I opened the door.

He was asleep,
Fast into his dreams.
No one’s around,
Still, the tweak sound came, dim.

I raced in my house,
Feeling scared.
It seemed as the sound,
Gave me some dare.


At last, I was close to that sound,
Which by now had made me weak
I saw a faint figure rocking the chair
And it was she, who created that tweak.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Who are you?” I asked
“From where do you come?”
The figure rose and turned around
It was a fairy in a beautiful gown.

Shocked, I could not say anything
And, she smiled.
“Do not worry,” she said
“I am here to reduce your troubles, pilled.”

“How,” I asked
The fairy smiled and explained her task
“It is that time of the year,
When love blossoms.”

“Yes,” I interrupted.
With an angry glare she become quiet
“Never again you interrupt me.”
Saying so, she began unfolding her story.




“When love blossoms,
We travel from place to place
Searching for couples
Who are made for each other.

We judge them, we follow them
To see their depth.
Once, we are satisfied
Then comes the gifting time

Yet, again, the test time is tough
As from the couple, we select one person
To whom, we bestow
The unlimited powers.”

She took a deep breath,
And, I looked at her with questions-filled-eyes
She gave me thumbs – up,
And I began my questions:

“Powers? Which powers?
What couples are you talking off?
I cannot understand what is happening,
And, whether it is true or not.”

The fairy spoke:
“Do not worry child,
I will explain it in depth
I am Fairy of Love.

Every year, my friends, and me
Fly around high,
To see and test true love
So that we can gift & bless them.

This year, Rishi and you
Have qualified and passed our test
We are highly impressed,
And have come to bestow you with gifts.

For being a lovely couple
And true companions,
I, Love Fairy would like to grant you
24 hours filled with super powers.

Today is Valentine’s Day,
You can make it more special
By doing everything you want
With these super powers.

Beware, though, you can wish for anything
This a secret between thee & me
You cannot tell anyone
Not even Rishi. Do you understand it?”
Gulping down what I heard,
I asked, “WOW! I cannot believe,
What I heard & what I am seeing
But it is just like a dream.

Tell me O! Fairy of Love,
Why did of all, you choose me?”
“Because you have strength & courage,
And, you are strong of the two.

Now, if you excuse me,
I have to rush
As there are many other who are waiting
Their special gift.”

Saying this, away was she gone
Leaving me alone,
Thinking hard on what I just saw
Making it a try-and-succeed dream.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Till Rishi was asleep,
I sorted the scene out
Planning how we celebrate
Our V-day!

“What should I do?
From where I Start”
I let my thoughts wander
Like a lost child.

“I am super woman,” I thought
“I can do anything, I want.”
My childhood dream was fulfilled
As I always thought, why only men can be super heroes?

“How can I make Valentine Day special for Rishi?
“Doing something unexceptional,” I thought.
Just like super heroes who save women
I need to save Rishi, but from whom?

He was not damsel in distress
Neither he was under any exploitation or violence.
His calm & patient nature,
Had won him friends and no foes.

Car, clothes, watches or some money?
Not all these would impress him.
Then, What can I do for him?
Something that he wants and has not yet got.

As I reminisced our talks,
I remembered his wish,
To visit his roots,
Which were close yet away.

That’s it! I found my idea.
Without a second thought,
I prepared a getaway to visit Sindh,
A place not a part of India but an ex-place of many Sindhi’s.

With super powers on my hand,
No borders and barriers could stop us.
And, for a day, we would be in Sindh,
Safe and sound.

As Rishi woke up,
I took his hands into mine
And there were we,
In Sindh, a place of our dreams.

“How? Why? What?” Rishi startled
“Ssshh…” I said
“You assume that I have super powers
And away we flew to our roots, for valentine.”

He hugged me tight
Soft tears welled in his eyes.
He knew, I was hiding something
But did not ask anything further.

Together we spent,
The best time of our life.
By walking on streets on Sindh,
Visiting the traditional monuments & heritage.

A day filled with lot of fun & laughter,
We tried many Sindhi dishes,
Sindhi Clothes, visited colleges
And clicked many pictures.

As sun went down,
We created our own romantic dinner
Amidst our roots, in Sindh
Finally fulfilling our dream.

The clock chimed,
And it was time to leave.
Flown back to our home,
It was unconventional valentine, well spent.

Back home, I explained Rishi,
What had happened when he was asleep,
Amazingly, he heard everything
And said thanks to for taking him to Sindh.

I felt happy and glad,
That I was super woman for right reasons
Secretly, I thanked the fairy before I retired for night,

Knowing that, she was seeing all this, with a smile!

Note: This post has been written for Baggout’s Blogging Contest on Valentine’s Day. Baggout provides awesome deals on Flipkart,MyntraJabongSnapdealAmazon and 100+ other online stores.

0 comments:

Post a Comment