This blog is dedicated to Poems - in English & Hindi.

Thursday, December 9, 2010

I was... part 2

5:58 AM Posted by Nikita 5 comments

Smile was my gift,
Caring my habit,
Forgiving my virtue
Now they lie in my ‘useless kit’

Soft and gentle like a petal
Sweet and innocent, I was
When realities forced on me
Making me realize that all was fatal.

Going through thick and thin;
Without any help
Wandering like a dried leaf,
I committed many sin.

Looked up and saw
My flaws and no perfection
Forgetting what made me like this
Everyone forced onto me a new law.

Still, I thank God
Yes, I do
For making me what I am
Never saying adieu.

5 comments:

  1. A superlative work indeed! Again, you have a knack of expressing your emotions beautifully. I especially loved the short phrases you used throughout the poem. They conveyed a lot in a few, simple words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent Job....
    Seems like u have started writing poems years back...

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks Shivam....

    n Thanks Punit...

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha... "useless kit" .. very, very smart use of words!! :D :D

    "Wandering like a dried leaf,
    I committed many sin."

    i think this would sound better if it was:
    "Wandering like a dead leaf,
    I committed many a sin."

    what do u think?

    also, I like it that even though you started off with a negative tinge, you have ended with a positive hue :) i like that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol Di,
    aapke n mere khayal kitne milte jhulte hain...

    originally i had written " a sin" only.. bt it wasn't going with the flow. Because here, i'm trying to make ppl understand that i have committed many sins, and not one. So if i put "a sin" it would become to precise...!!

    ReplyDelete