This blog is dedicated to Poems - in English & Hindi.

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Astray!!

9:49 AM Posted by Nikita 4 comments
Where does my happiness lie?
In the things offered to me on my plate,
Or the things,
Which are hidden behind the curtain.

Why do I fail?
Because I go wrong,
And say things which I even don't mean,
Or just because it's my fate.

Where should I go?
The light sparkling in the horizon,
Or the unknow darkness,
Or the path laid in front of me.

Whom to trust?
People close to heart,
Or random strangers,
Or just God and myself.

What should I say?
Things on my mind,
Or what others want to hear,
Or just stay quiet.

When will I get what I want?
Today, tomorrow,
Or day after tomorrow,
Or never....

4 comments:

  1. the answer to each question lies at the last line of each stanza..

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice 1 :))))....i really liked it...........no need to depend on others for ur happiness..only believe in urself.its u who make or break ur fate. Accept the life as it comes...........
    -Rupita

    ReplyDelete
  3. one needs to ask the right questions first, in order to reach the answers ... and you are doing just that ... the answers will soon come to you :)

    and in the entire poem i didnt like one word : "never" ... its never going to be never.. 'someday' maybe, but never 'never' :)

    good job!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HHmm.. u r right di, but when i was writing this poem, i could feel that what i want will never come to me...!! so i wrote it...

    ReplyDelete