This blog is dedicated to Poems - in English & Hindi.

Friday, February 26, 2016

A Life along the Ahmedabad Airport

The sounds of airplanes take off and landing,
Is so mesmerizing.
The early morning walks & evening talks,
Along the Airport footpath;
Allows you to greet you passengers of all sorts.

Clean and broad roads,
And the zip and zap of all traffic modes
Instills an energy in me,
As I become accustom to the rush,
And make schedule as Airport is free.

Credits: http://www.guwentravel.com
The coming and going of VIP’s is so common,
It is like everyday affair.
Stopping to make way for them,
Is an everyday habit,
As I am the first one to glance at them.


The days and nights here are different,
The lives are indifferent
In any threat,
You can see activity boosting up,
To ensure that every security need is meet.

 I can walk down to Airport whenever I want,
Spent hours striding along,
I feel so comfortable being there,
I remember my childhood days,
When I learned my cycling there.

Credits: commons.wikimedia.org
I associate myself with Ahmedabad Airport,
As I grew up on these roads,
A true Amdavadi spirit can be seen,
When you depart at Airport,
And have all relatives come in.

Sardar Vallabhbhai International Airport,
Is one of the major landmarks of Amdavad,
It is far from every end,
But for me, who has seen all colors here;
It is my colorful Amdavad.





9 comments:

  1. I grew up many miles from the airports in my native New York City. But for a while, I made one or two trips a year into the city, and the route took my spouse and I past Kennedy Airport. I would always look in fascination. There is something about airplanes and airports.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha... truly unique. Never expected an ode to life besides an airport :)
    Truly creative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Life along Airport is truly unique :D

      Delete
  3. So interesting. The airport in Hyderabad used to be pretty close too and we could see the planes landing and taking off. Now it's moved really far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's something about take off and landing that makes me love them more! :)

      Delete
  4. I once lived behind Goa Airport and loved the fact that I could leave for my flight as soon as I'd heard it landing!
    But on the other hand living on the fly path meant that sleep was disturbed as the Windows rattled and the building shuddered as the planes took off and landed.
    I can see though how exciting it must be to live so close to an airport.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Airports are a wonderful place and you've brought out every notion beautifully :)

    Cheers
    Geets

    ReplyDelete