This blog is dedicated to Poems - in English & Hindi.

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Loved Thee truly;

11:28 AM Posted by Nikita 3 comments

On the edge of my death,
He confessed his love.
Totally in control of my fate
How could I have accepted love?

“Marry me.” He said,
Tears wailed down my eyes
The moment, impatiently awaited;
Was now before my eyes.

Getting mixed emotions of grief and joy,
Fearing the happiness which was coming;
Because I had little time on my hand
And to woo me, now, death was coming.

My face turned pale and heartbeats moved faster
“Not more than a month” the doctor announced,
Quick decisions were made by everyone around
“You are now man and wife” the priest announced.

One month of marriage and then darkness,
I asked him why he wishes this wish.
He smiled and replied, “one day or month or minute;
Fulfilling your last wishes is only my wish.”

The time lapsed soon,
I was passing the last phase,
How beautiful or bad it got carved out,
I didn’t care for my life for me was just a maze.

Even after years of separation.
He kept me alive in his memories and life
Moved on because of my promise;
But, considering only me as his wife.


3 comments:

  1. Its so beautiful that ..nothing.well it just matched the song m listening..its really....(u put the words)

    Vyom.d

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!..nice composition of words into poem...liked it!!

    anu...

    ReplyDelete
  3. emotions!! itne saare!! good good :) reminds me of the movie "Mili" :)

    and it's great fun to see you apply different forms of poems everytime u write a new one .. whatever theory u have learnt, great to see them getting translated here :)

    ReplyDelete