This blog is dedicated to Poems - in English & Hindi.

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Discovering the way.

1:34 PM Posted by Nikita No comments

Parties, movies, designer clothes and make-up
That was all for me in my adolescent age.
Moving on and grooving; I had forgotten what life was about,
I had turned my face away from its complexities and maze.

I would walk as I have conquered the world,
I would dress up like I’m the only lady in the world.
Up in a flattery sky, I didn’t hear any voices;
Of family, siblings or my conscience.

Friends, hang-out, love, relationships, text, computer-
Those were the only things in my mind.
Amidst of all fun, chatter, noise and people
My real self; I couldn’t find.

But my destiny had some other plans,
I met some unfortunate people; unplanned
Something inside me melted and I began feeling for them
For next fortnight, I thought about what I had seen.

After spending troublesome days,
Fighting with my own self;
Realizing that I was just wasting time in jest
I began to love myself less.

All the reality and truth crumbled down,
I  Pitted those were looked down.
I considered myself fortunate to have basic needs
 And decided to dedicated my life for others well-being

Today, ten years down the line,
Helping less fortunate and giving them their rights
I’m happy to work and run my own NGO
Providing needful people all sorts of insights.














0 comments:

Post a Comment