This blog is dedicated to Poems - in English & Hindi.

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Fairy tale

11:50 AM Posted by Nikita 6 comments
All this while
I slept and slept
Waiting for my prince charming
Not knowing, he was secretly kept.

They hid him in rooms, castles;
Put him in dungeons
Lied to me; told tales of his disappearance
Making me get complexions

I cried, buried, hid myself
Refused to believe their notions
In return, they treated me with cruelty
Summoned wizards with their potions

“Break the magic spell!”
They commanded the wizards
Failing which, each time;
They faced more hazards.

Then came the wise old lady;
Before whom even the kings bowed
And queens became silent
The ultimate power; superior even to the crown

She announced to be left alone
Everyone left the chamber
Only I and the old lady
She didn’t even once blabber

After two long days;
She let the doors of my chamber opened
Every pair of eyes filled with questions
She narrated to them what had happened

Radically and gradually, everyone agreed
Brought my prince and set him free
Date of our marriage was fixed
And everyone apologized to me!

Even I was curious to know,
What the wise old lady had said
But didn’t get any chance
‘Coz my wedding dress was being made

The final day of our meeting came
“Bring in the bride”; the priest said
Shining in gold, I was being brought down
Helped by my all chambermaids

As I came down; I saw
My prince charming
Everything was like my dream
That I dreamt, smiling.

We were now; man and wife
Ready to leave one palace
To enter another; becoming
Stranger to my birthplace

Before I left, I met
The wise old lady
Who helped reach my love
And made everything steady

Once alone; she spoke:
“I saw love in your eyes,
And his too
Like a kid, he cries.

I couldn’t let you two separate
Because of families ego
I knew this day was bound
To come; centuries ago

I had blessed you two,
When you were born
And predicted love
Unaware of the battle horn.

But you couldn’t fight destiny
And fate, can you?
I told a lie, in order to bring
Together, you two

I told them that,
You both are ruled by fate
And if marriage doesn’t  happens
Kingdoms will be destroyed by fate.”

Tenderly, she kissed my forehead
And wished me good luck
Holding my hands; she led me to
To my future bright

I knew, I own
My happiness to her
She vanished into thin air
Before I could thank her.

And yet another story ends.
Where love conquers all
And wise people help
To bring peace within all


6 comments:

  1. umm yes Niks a lot of editin is required although I get the gist of what your tryin to express. Nice try, keep writin, its really good to read! :)

    Love,
    Ash

    ReplyDelete
  2. kya baat hai chikki! bahot achhi poems likhi hai tumne :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank u bhaiya....
    vaise mujhe toh bahut bada jhatka laga... aapka comment dekh kar... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. somehow i absolutely loved this poem, Chikki!! :D :D am throwing editing and nitty-gritties to the wind, i am very impressed by your ability to spin such yarns! keep the good work coming!!! yoohoo!!!! :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank u ji...
    vaise mera koi irada nahi hai edit karne ka...!!!

    ReplyDelete